Combat Stress and Burnout
Are you or your team feeling exhausted and close to burn out?
Are you or your team feeling overwhelmed with tasks and projects?
Are you or your team lacking energy?
Are you or your team finding it difficult to concentrate and be productive?
Are you or your team lacking motivation and inspiration?
Are your staff on sick leave?
Our tailored workplace training will not only motivate and inspire your team they will learn simple tools and techniques that will RE-CHARGE your team to create a THRIVING workplace.
What is Burnout?
Burnout is a recognised psychological condition caused by chronic stress. People experiencing burnout typically feel helpless, disillusioned, and unhappy². The longer it continues, the less motivated, engaged, and productive employees become³.
The Impact of Burnout
Burnout costs the global economy US$300 billion a year⁴. That’s a substantial sum, and here in Australia, we contribute significantly towards it.
In 2015, absenteeism and low work engagement – both common symptoms of burnout – cost the Australian economy an estimated $12 million. Which means, if your business employs between 100 and 1,000 people, burnout could be costing you as much as $100,000 a year⁵.
What Causes Burnout?
We all have different tolerances and, as with many health disorders, burnout affects individuals differently. A highly sensitive person (HSPs), for instance, might suffer burnout in an environment others can manage easily. Broadly speaking, there are a number of situations which have been shown to regularly result in burnout⁶. They include:
- Misaligned Values: Individuals who are pursuing a career at odds with their personal beliefs or values.
- Overload: Employees who are pressured to compensate for understaffing or poor performance by colleagues.
- No Control: Staff who lack autonomy in their work, are micromanaged, or who recognise but have no authority to correct procedural inefficiencies.
- Social Breakdowns: Corporate cultures that lack team spirit, where employees are unable to relate to one another or forced to compete.
Don’t confuse burnout with stress. Individuals under stress know that it is temporary; they still have control and are committed to meeting their targets. By contrast, those suffering from burnout are beyond caring. They are exhausted both mentally and emotionally, disengaged from their work, and often struggle to think creatively and identify solutions².
Performance is one of the biggest indicators of burnout, and there are four tell-tale signs⁶ that an individual is suffering:
Increased absenteeism is common in burned out employees, but you are more likely to see presentissim, where individuals are at work but fail to function properly.
Reduced Work Quality
Individuals who are not invested in the outcome of a project simply won’t perform at their best.
If you’ve recently joined the team or are managing a new hire, then recognising a burned out, disengaged employee from a bog-standard, disengaged employee is all but impossible. Those suffering from burnout will be uncharacteristically quiet. They usually stop participating in meetings and often exclude themselves from team activities
Again, spotting the naturally cynical employee from the burned out cynicist requires judgement and some knowledge of the individual. If ordinarily positive workers start to complain openly and voice unwarranted negative opinions, then it might be time to consider they may be heading towards burnout.
BOOK YOUR SESSION and you will DISCOVER the KEY to a healthy workplace for all management and staff.
The session incorporates a range of speciality professions to get the best results for your team. It aims to inspire and educate staff in a way that is both interactive and fun.
- Boost productivity
- Increase energy and vitality
- Improve motivation
- Enhance cohesive teamwork
- Create a healthy and positive workplace
- Decrease staff absenteeism and presenteeism
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Lower staff health problems creating optimal health in workplace and at home
In these interactive Workshops
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- Techniques to achieve optimum focus, concentration and memory
- How to balance work effectively and efficiently with your personal life
- Create positive personal habits to enhance your organizational skills, time management, energy and focus
- Develop healthy routines to boost your overall state of wellbeing.
- Learn tools to reduce anxiety and stress in both the workplace and at home
- Identify your strengths and improve any weaknesses
For more details Email: email@example.com or call Jo on 0417 549218
‘Healthy staff, healthy workplace = Happy & Healthy staff, Increased Productivity, Increased Profits’