Creating a sacred space for yourself at home
Create a sacred space for yourself, a place of rejuvenation, peace and healing. Whether it is in your bedroom, lounge, study, workspace or in your backyard. Allow this special space be a place you go for quiet time, relaxation, meditation, healing, yoga, reading, journaling or drawing. A place where your mind quietens and creativity awakens.
Tips on how to create a sacred space include:
- Find a place in your home that is quiet and the energy and space feels good, access to fresh air and sunlight, away from street noise.
- Write down what you want this space to be for you, is it just a quiet space? A spiritual space? A healing space? Contemplation? Or all of the above.
- Have a vision board or inspiring and healing symbols/quotes, plants or flowers and/or soft music, cushion and blanket in this space.
- Create an alter or area you can place special items to enhance your sacred space like a candle, essential oils, crystals, meaningful books, oracle cards, Buddha/god.
- Take a few deep breathes and enter this space with the intention of relaxation and healing.
- Give gratitude to this sacred space when leaving it for the day.